Photo: Baby update :)

inkozana

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Stef
My babies are now 5-6cm long and have all their legs :wacko: Here are some photos of them at breakfast (the tank is 2 feet long and I have about 6-7cm of water in :eek:

breakfast.png

I also have some questions though, below is a photo of one of six axolittles that seem to grow a lot slower than the ones featured above (so they have been seperated) they don't look as dark as the wildtypes, or as light as the goldens.. what could they be?

caudataax1.png

And, there is a little runt of the litter (litter of 96, may I add) I call him Rhino, for soon to become obvious reasons...
He only has one eye, and a lump on his head (a horn) haha, he is doing fine but is the smallest, he has been seperated to others of his size and still eats well and swims around :lame: I hope he does well to maturity :wacko:

rhino.png

Last edited:
Cute little guys.

As far as the 'runts', I've found that every litter has some that are just genetically weaker. Your 'unknown' color is probably just a weird wildtype.

I WANT RHINO!!!!
Awww!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back