hello everyone

spiny tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Steve
thought it was about time i said hello and introduced myself,
my name is steve and i live in the west midlands, i've mainly kept reptiles all of my life and have now gone away from that and gone back to my routes of keeping and breeding amphibians.

my main area is newts, and also some frogs and toads and i've started to get my collection together now with a nice group of alpines and japanese fire bellies.

i love true japanese fire bellies as these are what i started with as a child when my local aquatics shop started stocking them, so i have gone back to my routes and got a nice group of cb08's, showing my age now lol.

hoping to add some pygmy marbles, marbles and bandedsin the next few weeks and i dare say lots more to follow along with some sals.

anyway i'm always on the lookout for newts so if you have anything that might interest me please feel free to get in touch.

Welcome to the forum!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back