live food to bloodworms: the switch

sodiumlattice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

My axolotl larvae having been doing great!
As of today, they are 21 days old. They're front legs have formed, and I think I see limb their rear limb buds (could be my imagination)

Am I correct in thinking that, at this age, I can switch my larvae over to frozen bloodworms? They've been doing really well with live daphnia, but I'm running low.

I tried to switch them over today. I basically thawed some of the worms in a cup, sucked them up into a baster, and shot them into the axolotl tank.

My larvae basically sat there.....so far I've seen no interest in the blood worms.

Are they too young to eat bloodworms?
Does it take some adjusting?
Do they need fed a special way?

Thanks so much for the help thus far!
:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back