please help infertile or not?

OliAbc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought some axolotl eggs online after doing quite a bit of research.
When i received the 20 eggs it was clear that some had died/ become infertile. However i am now worried about all of them. They are all mainly black and a lot of them look to of been developing well. I am worried though because all of the embryos inside on closer inspection appear to be half white and half black. The mother is a wild type black but the father could be anything e.g white, black or gold according to the website. Can someone please please help me and tell me if my eggs are ok or dead
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

P.s the eggs should be 9 days old

The white part you see is probably the yolk sac, which feeds the growing embryo.

A normal newly-laid egg (from a dark female) will be half white half black. However, by 9 days old, they shouldn't still look that way. They should be kidney-shaped or embryo-shaped if they are fertile and being kept at a normal temperature.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back