Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axies

Sara88

Reaction score
Just thought i would share some pics

hats004.jpg

hats002-1.jpg

hats005.jpg

hats006.jpg

kira

Reaction score
Your axolotls are very cute, however those pebbles look too small for them. I would suggest gettting rid of them and getting much large ones(if you really want rocks) or going for sand(my personal favorite).

Sara88

Reaction score
Your axolotls are very cute, however those pebbles look too small for them. I would suggest gettting rid of them and getting much large ones(if you really want rocks) or going for sand(my personal favorite).

Is that all you people can talk about can admin please remove this post and my membership i posted pics to share my love for my axies yes the stones are a bit small in the time that i have had my axies they have never even looked like taking a stone in there mouths as for sand or rocks i have a disability and i dont have the means or the budget to buy or collect these this i set up the tank to the best of my abilty if thats not good enuff for you expert i dont want to no

nathan

kira

Reaction score
I am very sorry. I did not want to upset you! :(

Your axolotls are very beautiful animals.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
When someone is just looking out for the health of your animals, berating them is not appropriate. This is especially true if you already know what people are going to say. Denial of what appropriate care actually is will not keep them healthy.

I agree. The stones are of a size that can easily cause impaction and death. If you are unable to purchase appropriate substrate, it's best to have no substrate at all. If you think your axolotls are not eating the stones, I think you should do a forum search and see how many people thought the exact same thing.

Neke

Reaction score
I think Kira presented her suggestion in the politest possible way. If you don't want to take advice from people with more experience then you don't have to, but it seems to me you already knew what we were going to say. As Kaysie said, the only reason it is mentioned is because so many people don't realize that axolotls can die from ingesting stones and we don't want you to go through the horrible experience of losing your pet.

Cake

Reaction score
Kira had every right to say that.

Your axolotls are neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

kira

Reaction score
I have said that I was sorry as NEVER wanted to hurt or offend anyone. I just love axies so very much, I couldn't help it. However, it was very rude of me to give advice when the advice was not asked for. I will not do it again.

On another note, thankyou very much Kaysie and Neke:D

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1