Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudate crafts

slowfoot

Reaction score
Okay, this is pretty lame, but I'm posting it anyway :p

Sometimes when I'm bored I get the horrible urge to craft - mostly I end up making little felt dolls. Over the years, I've accumulated a few caudate-themed artifacts. I thought I'd share a few of them.

These first few are random quilt squares that never actually made it into a quilt. I don't really quilt anymore, but I've kept these around. Maybe when I have a kid, I'll frame them and put them up in the nursery. I have a California tiger, an axolotl, and a few larvae:

quilt1.JPGquilt2.JPGquilt3.JPG

I also have a couple of felt newts. A crested newt and a firebelly (I don't know why it has a yellow belly - must have run out of red felt):

crested.JPGfirebelly.JPGboth.JPG

Anyone else have any silly crafts to share?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they're wonderful! I love the stuffed felt animals. I have often thought about making a stuffed Elektra (Tylo. verrucosus) and making the raised orange dots with marbles under the skin or something...it's never gotten past the imagination phase. Yours are sweet!

slowfoot

Reaction score

My husband has demanded a plushie hellbender, so I'll probably have some new things to post soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1