Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

N00b from Melbourne, Aus

b00f

Reaction score
Hey thought id just come and say hi here

Name is Aaron, from Melb, Aus. Currently working for Foxtel.
Recently decided to get an axie after wanting a pet that didnt need a lot of care, and was "different".

I have got a smallish 38x25x46cm tank, which over the next few weeks will be gettin setup to house a axie

Im still so undecided about what colouring im going to go with, but will probably go with a albino, as the wilds really dont appeal to me.

Once i get the tank cycled and everything set up il post some pics up, and then again once i get my Axie

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Melbournian and welcome to the forum!

We're looking forward to seeing pictures of the axolotl when it arrives (because we love them) and your setup (because we're nosey!). ;)

I am however shaking my head in sorrow. How can wildtypes not appeal to you? :D

Cheers Jacq.

b00f

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Melbournian and welcome to the forum!

We're looking forward to seeing pictures of the axolotl when it arrives (because we love them) and your setup (because we're nosey!). ;)

I am however shaking my head in sorrow. How can wildtypes not appeal to you? :D

Cheers Jacq.

Yeah over the next few weeks I shall be getting the tank all set up with hidey holes and stuff
After reading nearly ever thread on here I think I could give it a go, and then once done pop down and pick up a new axie

If you don’t mind me asking where in Melb are you situated?

As for the wild types just don’t appeal to me as much as say the albinos of the harlequin ones...
I guess all this could be changed if I saw a crazy colored wild: P

I had a look through the galleries and couldn’t find many but I guess I could be persuaded

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1