Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weather changes

OZIRIS

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt that could sound strange. My C.orientalis aren't in the water today, since I have had them, the autumm has come and it helped me to enter them into water because the temperature went down.

But this week, the temperature has risen few degrees and the air humidity is 40-50 %, Could this affect my newts? I think they are very sensitive with weather changes, anyway , they have eaten today, even out the water, so they look OK. Maybe they are uncomfortable with this conditions.

I hope a change in the weather soon, this low humidity is uncomfortable for me too.

Has anybody noticed something strange related with weather too?:confused:

newtons13

Reaction score
Hello!

I am no expert, nor do I have that kind of newt, but if they like cooler water, and the water warmed up, then maybe they are happier out of it. Also, if it is that humid, maybe the air alone is wet enough to keep them moist and happy.

Eesh, I'm sorry you have to deal with that humidity right now. Maybe it will rain and lessen. = )

Good luck!

~rachel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!