Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Her name is Fred..

Aneesas Muse

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I have a new Axolotl and I am brand new here, so I figured I might as well introduce myself ..well, us.. the Zoo, too! :D

The Axolotl is from a friend ..she recommended the forum, actually. Fred is a leucistic ..and about 5" or so, STL. I have her in my live planted 30g, temporarily, and she seems to be doing fine. Feeding is a little different for her here, I think, but we will work that out ...as I have been using tongs to guide her and get her accustomed to some of the live foods I offer.

The rest of my Zoo includes mostly reptiles ..snakes, lizards, a tortoise, a goofy pacman frog, some tarantulas and tropical roaches, a few cavies, some rattie kids and even meece... oh, and a robo hamster, too! I have fresh and marine tanks set up.. and I have chickens! I also have a husband and two college kids! ;)

I rescue quite a few unwanted animals.. which is why there's 15 snakes, 5 big lizards, 1 little one, 16 geckos and one gonna hatch any minute ....10 tarantulas, a LOT of Hissers and Dubias, 7 cavies, 15 ratties, 8 meece ..and so on. I bring them home, do any necessary rehabilitation and reconditioning ..try to find the best forever home for them ....or keep them here with me, in some special situations. :eek:

So, that's me in a nutshell... I'm Aminah :happy:

Last edited:

Aneesas Muse

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

The Zoo definitely keeps me busy, but the expense is really only time ..since I do a lot of gardening (food for veg heads) and raising other food items (the bugs) ..and I receive donated items for housing, etc. . I also try to catch the UV lighting, heating and dry goods on sale and just stock up ...and buying bulk frozen/thawed rodents is the only way to go! :D

If interested, there's quite a few pics on my Reptile Geeks page ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!