what happened to tylototriton.org????

froggy

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Chris Michaels
I tried tovisit tylototriton.org today and found that it doesn't seem to exist anymore...

What has happened to it ... Mark???

WHOIS records indicate Mark Bakkers still owns it (until 2009). That most likely indicates that either (a) someone hasn't paid the hosting fees and the ISP is rerouting the website to advertisements, or (b) Mark or his agent is doing the redirecting deliberately. Of course, I can't be absolutely certain.

Tylo.org is currently offline and will remain so for an extended period of time. The site will probably become part of the Dutch sal society site (www.caudata.nl). This will come with a complete revision and new info about Tylototriton species.

The fact that this topic appears so soon is good though... shows that you're all still interested in the site, thanks!

I'm glad that the site and its content haven't completely died. I would suggest that if Mark still owns the domain name, it could be redirected to take people to caudata.nl.

Is there any update, Wouter / Mark?
Will there still be an English version of the Tylototriton part?

Yes, don't worry!

We are working on a major revision of the Dutch salamandersites, and when that is finished, we will integrate Tylototriton.org, in English of course!

Just a few more weeks of waiting, we will keep you informed.

I ran across tylototriton.org in old posts, after hearing the informations was moving I visited the Caudata.nl website a few days back and wasn't able to find a tylo section (In English anyways). Sounds like there was some great info on there.

Is it still under construction? Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mitch

I ran across tylototriton.org in old posts, after hearing the informations was moving I visited the Caudata.nl website a few days back and wasn't able to find a tylo section (In English anyways). Sounds like there was some great info on there.

Is it still under construction? Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mitch

Last update;Still under construction but verry nearby!!
(From what i'm hearing)
Petro

Do not forget folks, there are some excellent translation tools on the web. (I use the Google Translate)

While not perfect, you can get the information you need from non-English language sites and texts. This will get you through until the renovations are complete.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back