hamm & Breeders expo

peterrobbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Peter Roberts
Hi,
as I am having difficulties getting the newt and salamander species I desire, I am thinking of going to the herp shows in Germany. I was wondering if anyone has been to one of these and if so was the number and variety of caudates worth the trip from the UK.

many thanks

Peter

Hi

What species are you after??

Hamm is a fairly good show, long trip though, and you cant guarantee what is going to be there unless you have made a contact in europe and agreed to meet there.
The show in Gersfeld is meant to be good, but i haven't been to that one.

Ben

wow, sonic by name and sonic by nature, I never expected to receive a reply so quickly. The species I am after are banded newts, alpine newts, N.kaiseri, and the various sub species of fire salamanders, however this is the top of a rather big list ( including some european lizards, toads etc). I don't have any contacts in europe unfortunately as I am only just returning into caudate keeping. Any help would be much appreciated

All the best

Peter

Hi

Well i can help with fire salamanders and alpine newts, i have a friend that breeds banded newts

Hope that helps, you may want to check my profile too see what fire i keep

Ben

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back