Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Howdy

Astrogirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm from singapore and would like to get to know more friends all over the world who are interested in the mexican walking fish. I don't think anyone in singapore keeps salamanders or mexican walking fish because i have never seen them around in pet shops. I only recently learn about this animal from my brother who lives in australia and kept them as pets. I saw some of the photos and felt that they look bizarre. I became more fascinated when the animal planet channel here featured them in a documentary. Don't think i would ever end up having them as pets but i would still like to know more about them. Thanks!

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the Forum!

There are lots of axolotl keepers here, and even some people from Singapore. Even if you don't have one as a pet, axolotls are definitely fascinating to learn about. Have fun, then!

-Eva

ferret_corner

Reaction score
Hi & Welcome!

I adore my little smiling axolotls. Tons of entertainment spaced with moments of confusion followed by periods of fear. Enjoy the axolotl board!

Sharon

Red guy

Reaction score
welcome
this is definately the place if u want to meet ppl who can tell u allot about any thing newt or salamader related

DR

Reaction score
Hello and welcome, you could always start a mexican wave and see what country it stops in ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1