Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello and Happy New Year

DR

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thought I would register and put some posts to the username.

I'm currently not keeping any amphibians, although I do have an interest in conservation and culture of them.
Some of our UK newts are very endangered, even common frogs and toads are no longer 'common'.

I believe some forum members might know me from purchasing daphnia cultures from me, please drop in and post ;)

Here is a pic of me when I was around 10 or 11 years old, only a few years ago, nod, wink ;)

The basin contains young tadpoles, sadly that piece of land where the greenhouse once stood, has now been built on.
Like so many of our 'green field' sites and wildlife areas, over-development has wiped out many habitats.
Still, the memories of roaming in swamps back then are cherished.
It would be good to see culture and conservation go hand in hand.

DR

Attachments

• Tadpoles.jpg
    Tadpoles.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 197

DR

Reaction score
Here's another one, again fascinated by the progress of the tadpoles.

Notice the other guy Sinclair reading a copy of the Beano or Dandy, I was more interested in the tadpoles lol

You'll have to forgive his 'bowl' haircut, afterall it is nearly 25 years ago :D

Attachments

• Tadpoles2.jpg
    Tadpoles2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 171

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hi DR and welcome to the Forum!

As I understand it, amphibians are endangered all over the world - but the impression I get is that in UK there is at least a relatively widespread knowledge of that fact. In any case, there are constantly new press articles to be read about various agencies undertaking conservation measures.

Hope you enjoy your membership here and find all that you are seeking, and more.

Happy New Year, too.

-Eva

DR

Reaction score
Thanks Eva,

Yes you are quite right, endangered species are a global problem, hopefully more can be done to solve these issues.

I look forward to being part of the forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!