Back Home

ianclick

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand-Maori
Display Name
click
Greetings All

I have just returned home after a 5 month incarceration in the United Arab Emirates. I was on Tour with a reknowned New Zealand Band and one member who shall remain nameless attempted to enter the country with a small amount of cannabis. The result was that eight of us were imprisoned on the 3rd of August and were released with out being charged on the 22nd of December.

The best news of all apart from being home with my kids for christmas is, that in my absence my boys have done a great job of looking after my axies all whom are in good health.

In the words of the inimitable Simon and Garfunkle "Gee but its great to be back Home"

Welcome back!

It sounds like you had quite an experience- I can hardly imagine! Anyway, I'm glad you were able to spend Christmas and New Year with your family.

Now maybe you can be featured on the National Geographic channel's "Locked up abroad"....

Welcome home Ian

I can't even begin to imagine what you must have gone through on account of one individual doing something so foolish.

Well done to your boys! :D

All the best, Jacq.

Om my, Ian, how terrible! I hope they were nice to you in ... prison. :mad: Oh poor honey and it wasn't even your fault!

When I flew to Australia we made a fuel stop in Singapore. The flight crew made it very clear to us that possession of drugs in Singapore is punishable by DEATH, a law that they also enforce (said the flight crew). (And then they sprayed us with pesticide.) Your friend may wish to know this tidbit before the next flight, if he hasn't learned his lesson - he was released, too, I hope?

I am very, very glad that you are back.

-Eva

Well Ian, that's one for the grandchildren. I must admit that we were wondering where you had gotten to. I hope you're none the worse for wear.

Out of curiosity, what band was it?

I'm writing it all in the blog bit by bit. "Che Fu and the Crates" is the bands name. Ironically the guilty party has a stunning head of dreadlocks and because of that he was accorded great respect by the locals.

I'm all good ever the philosophical one, it was an excellent chance to reassess oneself and have a closer look at life and how it is embraced. Some people pay for that don't they.

Thanks for your warm greetings

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back