Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FYI: AMPUTEE UPDATE: Tiki

Mojojomo

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

As promised (some time ago) here are some pictures of Tiki , about 6 weeks later after having 3 of her legs amputated by my dad , after she got attaked by one of my other axi's.

She is doing really well and her stumps are almost completly healed . she is still in the hospital tank!

Thanks for all the support every one has given me!

x chloe x:D

ps - the 1st 2 pics are of him before the amp

Attachments

• DSCF9501.jpg
    DSCF9501.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 611
  • DSCF9505.jpg
    DSCF9505.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,676
  • SN153153 Cropped cropped .jpg
    SN153153 Cropped cropped .jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 433

optimist

Reaction score
Looks like Tiki is doing well. Wonder how long it will take for the legs to grow back completely?

Mojojomo

Reaction score
Looks like Tiki is doing well. Wonder how long it will take for the legs to grow back completely?

well her back one looks like it is growing a lot longer then when she had the "chop" , i am a bit unsure if the front two will grow back though! ( i think this was because some one told me they might not) , she is putting on loads of weight aswell , i was a bit worried when i took her out the fridge , as she wasnt eating at all ( earth worms) , but tried him with blood worms , and they have done the trick ;)

paullism

Reaction score
I am so pleased to hear that Tiki is recovering from the ordeal. It is always great to hear good news stories. Please keep us posted with further updates and pictures.

Thanks

ferret_corner

Reaction score
So far so good in my opinion.

While its possible some of the legs may not grow back, I personally think they will. They stop growing all over while they put all their effort into regenerating new limbs. I have one isolated who was munched on by two other axies and he lost 3 or 4 limbs - I forget. He is half the size of the smallest of the rest (7) who all started out the same size. His limbs have grown back - all of them. It just took a while and now his efforts are going into putting on size.

Good luck and hang in there!

Sharon

Mojojomo

Reaction score
Re: AMPUTEE UPDATE: Tiki NEW Fingers

Good news Guys,

I have got some pics up of tikis new legs!

Thanks for everyone's help and advice , with out your inputs he might not of survived.

ENJOY

Attachments

• sponsers resized 001.jpg
    sponsers resized 001.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 245
  • sponsers resized 002.jpg
    sponsers resized 002.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 217
  • sponsers resized 003.jpg
    sponsers resized 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 238

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Re: AMPUTEE UPDATE: Tiki NEW Fingers

It's great to see how well Tiki is doing, his regeneration is going really well. Well done you, you're obviously doing a great job of looking after him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!