Question: Chinese Fire Bellys Breeding

Holding2k9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Have Had My 8 Chinese Firebellys for Little Under 6 Months Now . And i Believe That The Males Are Displaying Sexual Actions Towards My Females.

However my female last night as i watched my smallest male tail fan and block her , she decided to bite his leg and then release , is this a sign thayt she isnt ready or is it a sign that she just isnt interested in that particular male ?

I Hope Replys will Follow Soon

Thanks Tom

I Have Had My 8 Chinese Firebellys for Little Under 6 Months Now . And i Believe That The Males Are Displaying Sexual Actions Towards My Females.

However my female last night as i watched my smallest male tail fan and block her , she decided to bite his leg and then release , is this a sign thayt she isnt ready or is it a sign that she just isnt interested in that particular male ?

I Hope Replys will Follow Soon

Thanks Tom

Also If They Lay i May Be Selling Some :D

Cynops orientalis are greedy, they´ll bite anything that moves if there´s the smell of food around.
In my experience(and i haven´t heard of it) biting is not a part of this species courtship. It was just an accidental taste, incase it was food....nothing to worry about.
Good luck with the breeding!

By the way, please try to refrain from starting each word with capitals....the rules of the forum clearly state that correct writting and spelling is necessary(for english speakers).

thank you very much . also is there a particular ppant i should buy that is appropriate for wrapping the eggs in?

i look foward to a reply

tom

Well, the ideal plant seems to vary greatly depending on individuals. Some females like Elodea a lot. My female for example has an absolute preference for small leaves of Java fern.
They can even lay on plastic stripes or fake plants (although it´s common that when live plants are present, they are used in preference).
Basically any plant with soft leaves that are not too wide will be used.
I recommend java fern (very specially the little plants that eventually emerge from the mother plant) because it seems to be a hit among my females.

PS: no need to drop the capital letters all together...

I have a plant but i am unsure of the type it is a relatively fast growing plant however it is inbetween a log and the tank corner will my females still lay on those?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back