Unknown White puff balls

Kiowa

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Kirst
Hello

Today suddenly I noticed about six blobs of white puff balls in the tank and I dont know what they are, first I thought they are feces but they seem different from there past feces so I am confused. Please help.

Thank you, any information will be respected.

Hi Kiowa,

Would you be able to take photos of them and post them up? It is rather difficult (and risky) to make a guess based on the decription.

Also can you also provide some general background history? How many axolotls are in the tank, what do you feed them, what are the water parameters, are they displaying any signs of illness etc.

Cheers

Hi Kiowa, if you have male and female axies these 'puffballs' could actually be spermataphores. Do they look like a cone shaped clear jelly with a cloudier ball on the top?

Claire

What do you feed your axololts? Sometimes if chopped bits of nightcrawler aren't removed or get hidden they will fungus over and look like little cotton balls as well. Just food for thought.

Later,
Justin

Sometimes if chopped bits of nightcrawler aren't removed or get hidden they will fungus over and look like little cotton balls as well.

I find that old axolotl pellets tend to do the same thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back