Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi There

Andrew51

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Andrew and I am somewhat new to the whole forum concept, and this seems to be the best way to learn and interact with axolotl owners. I am hoping to soon purchase some axolotls of my own, but am currently trying to gain as much knowledge on the little creatures as possible first.

As you can imagine I want the best for them and I'd rather become competent before becoming an owner.

Thanks for having me on the forums.

Andrew51

Reaction score
hehe thanks!

Yes I gave the site a quick peruse during my ramdom clicking :rolleyes: and found a lot of great information.

Now it's just a matter of getting an axolotl of my own :D

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
hehe thanks!

Yes I gave the site a quick peruse during my ramdom clicking :rolleyes: and found a lot of great information.

Now it's just a matter of getting an axolotl of my own :D

Keep an eye on this section, if anyone goes to sell and axolotl in Canada from this site it will be listed there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1