Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

earthworms for food, where to buy (US)

eldaldo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I usually feed my newts earthworms, but none of the bait shops I get them from have any in stock right now because it's the dead of winter. Can anyone recommend a reliable supply of earthworms online?

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: earthworms for food

Have you tried your local Walmarts?

cichlidjedi

Reaction score
You can also try an independantly owned pet shop in your area. Many of them carry worms for thier own animals and in many cases you maybe be able to buy a flat (500 nightcrawlers) for around $50.00. I always look for canadian crawlers, becuase they seem to last longer and nice and plump.

Steve Roman

Reaction score
I just picked up some at Walmart yesterday and this is in Minnesota, so hopefully they should be available at a store near you. They were of a nice size, not too big, as well.

bob2143

Reaction score
yea i would try your local pet shop, i get all my worms from the pet shop. I'm from Australia so don't know to much about walmart.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!