newbie saying hi

burgo

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
well the main reason for signing up is that our pair have had babies :) they laid about 150 eggs of which half hatched. since hatching we've lost some along the way but we've still got about 50. the hardest thing seems to be getting food that is small enough, if we had been better prepared we would of raised our own food. they have now survived to the size where they can eat small daphnia/brine shrimp/water fleas.....whatever you call them. ill be sure to keep you up to date and will pick your brains every now and again. some pics

proud parents
S7302487.jpg

some of them at the egg stage
S7302496.jpg

lots and lots of them
S7302515.jpg

a close up
S7302517.jpg

Hi Burgo,

Congratulations on having such a lovely axolotl family. Do keep us updated of the their progress! Post photos!

Cheers

Hey look really good!!

i hope they grow big and strong like there mum and dad!

good luck!!!!

thanks

Hi there!!

Your little ones are SO cute!

Your larvae sure look like you've resolved feeding problems - nice, round, lovely bellies. Good for you - good luck and do keep us posted!

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back