BABIES for the first time

sharelkaye

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I check in on my four axies I noticed about 60 or more white dots everywhere and then looked closer as some a membrane I was so excited they were eggs and I was waiting for this day to come since I got my little guys in!!! So I'm getting ready to set up my breeding tank that I use for my guppy babies to set it up again for the new babies tomorrow then transfer them over to a new tank..

Is it possiable for small fish such as guppies or ghost shrimp to eat the eggs :confused:

they don't seem interested in them but worried a little.

Hi sharelkaye,

It is best not to put any other species of animals with the eggs. In fact, it is best not to put any animals at all with the eggs, including the parents. Eggs make a tasty meal.

Cheers

The chances are they may get eaten. If they taste good,(which they probably do) the shrimp
and guppies WILL eat some of the eggs.

Thanks for the imput. I transfered about 15 eggs to a seperate tank thats a little warmer and i left the rest where they are at so far they are all still there for the most part maybe a few casulties during the move around and such, but there are many left and the parents are well feed far away from where the eggs are so it shouldn't be a problem. It looks like they are all going to be albino or leusistic.

Congratulations on the eggs! When you say "warmer", what temperatures are we talking about for parents and for the eggs?

I cant wait to get to see this!!!!
Ive got to get my hands on some eggs first though...

They seem like such an amazing creature. I can't wait to get to experience raising one from an egg...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back