newbie saying hello

orangebud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

just thought id pop on and introduce myself, im dave from wales and ive just joined the wonderful world of axi's and what a wonderful place it is too!!!

ive been a lover of all things aquatic for years, even became a scuba diving instructor just so i could go and see the underwater world every day. im even covered in fish tattoo's lol

anyway ive always wanted some sort of fish tank but could never decide what to get, that is until a few weeks ago. while watching tv one night i saw a picture of an axi and fell in love! i jumped straight on the net to get some more info and spent the next 2 weeks getting all the info i could find!!

then last week i decided to go for it and got 2 of the cutest albinos there named pinky and perky for now till i come up with something better lol i only have a pretty basic tank set up at the mo but will be changing that once i can find all the bits i need for a really nice set up. hopefully this is where you guys come in lol

im new to running any sort of tank so will probably have a million and one questions over the coming weeks, hope you dont mind lol

oh and thank you for such an amazing website!!! ive been glued to it for the last few weeks and its been a great place to find the info i needed.

dave

Hi Dave,

If you've been poring over the website for the past two weeks, you are sure to be pretty well prepared. :D If you run into any questions not already answered in the forum, you know everyone here will be glad to help.

Welcome to the Forum!

-Eva

thanks eva, i have a few questions already lol but ill keep looking before i post them to save going over it twice lol

one question is how to add pictures want to post a couple of pinky and perky be nice to have an opinion on whether they look happy and healthy

dave

Hey Welcome to the Forum Dave :) I'm a newbie 2 :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back