Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Jeffrey

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't posted any pictures for a while... Today the camera and the axolotl where co-operating ( well slightly) .The wild type is Jeffrey, he is approx 3 years old. Measuring him earlier he was just over 30cm. The melanoid is Bruce and he was playing at being shy and measures 25cm . He is the son and heir of Jeffrey and is approx 18 months old .

Attachments

• Axolotl , snow and Kids 016.jpg
    Axolotl , snow and Kids 016.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Axolotl , snow and Kids 017.jpg
    Axolotl , snow and Kids 017.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 154
  • n642946635_1838272_876.jpg
    n642946635_1838272_876.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Aww beautiful axies Julia.

I like the quaint pot of orange something growing out of it. Reminds me of golden mushrooms but cute nontheless.

Hugs ;)

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I don't know why - maybe the chipper gills? - but Jeffrey looks rascaly to me. Like he'd chew bubble gum if he could. :D

-Eva

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi just wondering wher you got the black tubes from as i canot find them any were and would like several for my axis and when i have seen them there so expensive.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
These are used for running water off our shed gutter ..cut into sections and the edges sandpapered ( the saw left some jagged edges ). I noticed that various pet shops etc charged an arm and a leg for this type of thing, whereas various hardware shops sold them considerably less. Give them a good clean before adding them to the tank.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hee hee, so sweet and innocent - like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths :rolleyes:.

Not to be pushy or demanding...but...more photos? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1