Hello from Bristol (uk)

Raziel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Nice forum. lots of very good info :happy: I recently owned a terripin but had to give her away due to her out growing her home and the place I live called not cope with a even bigger tank. Very sad to see her go and still sad and still missing her. I was thinking of another animal I could care for that I could use my existing equipment and so I thought of newts and salamander which lead me here for research purposes.

Will be asking many questions, speak to soon :happy:

Hi Raziel,

You're in the right place! :D You will find lots of information to help you decide on the right pet for you. If you haven't discovered it already, the Caudata Culture page has lots of nicely illustrated caresheets on many different types of newts and salamanders.

Welcome to the forum!

-Eva

Hello from a fellow Bristolian! I have axolotls and would be completely lost without this forum, though I'd have more free time!

Free time is overrated, Kerry!

Welcome to the forum, Raziel.

Welcome, from across the pond. Free time is over rated I agree with Kaysie:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back