Third Annual MSU Herp Night

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
MSU Herp Club is pleased to invite you to the third annual MSU Herp Night open house.

This event will take place on February 18th, from 6-9pm on the campus of Michigan State University, in the Natural Sciences building, first floor (room to be announced).

This event consists of an open house, showcasing various herps from members of the club, including common pet species such as ball pythons, bearded dragons, and axolotls. Other animals, including newts, salamanders, spiders, turtles, tortoises, snakes, frogs, and lizards of all types will also be on display, with some made available for the general public to touch.

There will be one talk given by Dr. Chris Tabaka about various 'interesting' herps he's seen throughout his life. Dr. Tabaka is a vet with Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, Michigan.

There will also be a 'panel of experts' available for a Q&A session.

Door prizes will be given out throughout the night. The Bug House and the MSU teaching greenhouse will also both be open for tours. Please join us!

Just a quick bump of this thread.

This event is tonight!!

The show will take place in Natural Sciences room 145 and room 1 (across the hall from each other).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back