b00fs new axies

b00f

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey hey,

Here are my two new axies

I'm still yet to think of names... feel free to suggest a few.
Picked them both up today.
Both seemed to settle in well, the albino took a lot longer to go explore their new tank out but I think his already eyeing off guppies (I left them alone for about an hour, and I'm one guppy down already). :p

The olive one is a little bit bigger than the albino one, and both are already eating (pellets from tongs an from the bottom).

I also noticed the guppies trying to get anything the axies missed, which is great, as the might help find those pesky lil pellets the axies can't get to.

The guppies have not nipped or even gone near the axies, they seem to get close then swim off scared they will become dinner.

Albino :
or49ar.jpg

Olive fighting 5 onto one for a pellet:
6i48ys.jpg

Chilling in the corner:
214nj87.jpg

20it09l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Aaron! What little beauties.

I think you've already come up with a nice name for "Olive" lol. How about "Daphne" for the albino? (Shes certainly the right colour for that lovely flower!).

Poor little guppies :rolleyes:.

Olive is a little un-original don't you think???

Daphne is cute...

*ponders how many will be left this time tomorrow*

Was such a hassle sexing them when I brought them, all laying on top of each other...

But I'm glad I got two females, last thing I wanted was a tank full of larvae on morning before work.

Congratulations on the lovely new axies! I really wish we can get the olive/copper colored ones here in the States (they seem to be available only in Australia though...)

They're both females you say? As for names, may I suggest for your consideration "Penny" or "Cyprus" for the olive/copper colored one, as both of those names allude to copper (cyprus for the latin root, and penny for the american coin made out of copper). Not to mention they dont sound too bad as names haha

For the leucistic one, I want to throw out the name "Aegina" (a nymph from Greek mythology and also an island in Greece) because I think it sounds pretty.

Sorry, just random ideas :p all the best to you.

Hi boof,

I have an olive one almost like a twin of yours! How about exotic names like Kismet, Inktomi, Mayaselah, Kiyone etc?

Cheers.:bowl:

Not sure if it's just the photo, but the olive one looks like she's got a white marking on the side of her mouth like the Joker from the Batman movie... 'Joker' isn't a very feminine name, but hey, it's an idea!

Oh my these axies look so adorable! I like their color. They look cute, also I like your tank it looks really nice!

From above:
2wlyp38.jpg

Test

Still no nitrites or nitrates, Ammonia is high due to a spike (fans cause crazy evapouration, got to keep the tank topped up)
311s40i.jpg
syqj42.jpg

I absolutely love your new axies!!! That's awesome! They look so cute together, and seem to have a perfect home.

Here is a couple of cheeky looking pics I took the other day :p

"Slegathor"(previously "Bumpz")

2popcfs.jpg

"Bubbles"

166j8jo.jpg

I need to sort out some better lighting then, maybe dust off the tripod, for a calender submission

Aaron

Great job on those reflection photos Aaron! And super cute axies. Cant wait to see what you can do with a tripod.

Great pictures, Aaron. Yes, please dust off that tripod and start shooting!

Those are a very photogenic pair of axies.

Good photos,Slegathor is a great colour.:cool:

also, you may be interested to know that in the pics up top (when i first got her)

he had a wierd "light" patch on the right side of her tail...

this has entirely cleared, and she is looking alot better

full tummy of worms :D

as for Bubbles

she had been attacked by Slegathor, but the wound heals, so quickly, fugus probably didnt get a chance to set in :D

ps . NITRITES ARE APPEARING

finally showing signs of a cycle :D:D:D:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back