Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Requesting Axolotl Art Work

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am working on a project with a team to bring more diversity as well as generate more interest in axolotls. One of our objectives is to gather interesting artwork inspired by axolotls and showcase them in a special site dedicated to artistic expressions.

Permission for consent will be sought before any showcase material are presented/highlighted on the site. All authors/poets/artist/sculptor/photographer/pastry chef/origami or inkibana experts/creator of the art piece will be duly credited and recognised (Names/Avatars reflected below the artwork).

If you are interested in this project and have any interesting artwork to share, please kindly send a private message to me and i shall give you my email address. I will be consolidating and then organising these artwork for presentation.

I am looking for any axolotl related original stories, poems, sculptures, painting/drawings/sketches etc., artistic photography of axolotls, origami folding or flower arrangements featuring axolotls, lanterns, motif prints, video clip presentations of a play/sketch, costumes, songs or lyrics etc. It is open to interpretation and nothing is considered too shabby. It is open to all members of all ages. The only condition is that it must be legal, PG 13, original and follow forum rules. (No inappropriate language, discriminatory or inflammatory message).

Although still in the early stages and in the works, i ultimately have plans to have a monthly highlighted artwork of the month.

Interested members please kindly private message me the following information.

- Your user name / Name you want reflected on your artwork
- Your age (optional)
- Your consent for having the artwork placed on a public internet site
- Name of your artwork (something snazzy will be great ;))
- A 3 line maximum brief of your artwork if you desire (optional).

Thank you and Regards.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Please DO NOT post your artwork to this thread.

Please follow the procedure as outlined by Darkmaverick.

Many thanks,
Caudata.Org Moderator

axie girl

Reaction score
I would be totaly glad to draw some awsome axies for you my mum says that I have real talent in drawing :proud: + :happy:

axie girl

Reaction score

How do I contact you?

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

How do I contact you?

Darkmaverick said:
If you are interested in this project and have any interesting artwork to share, please kindly send a private message to me and i shall give you my email address. I will be consolidating and then organising these artwork for presentation.

Send a PM to Darkmaverick and he will provide you with his email address.

If you have any queries, you can shoot a PM (private message) to either Darkmaverick or myself.

axie girl

Reaction score
I am fairly new the site and I don't know how to prvate mesage you.:(

axiewhisperer

Reaction score
Fantastic idea!

Once while studying for an exam with a friend, I scribbled a picture of an axolotl on a sheet of notepaper and proudly presented him with it... I regret that my artistic ability doesn't extend much beyond that point however I wish you the best of luck.

axie girl

Reaction score
Hi sorry I took so long it is almost done now
do I have to send the actual artwork to you or can I just send some pictures and if i do have to send the real thing (which I totaly understand because of ownership and stuff) will you be returning them

:confused:B.T.W what does O.N.O.Z stand for Does it means oh no's

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Axie girl,

Just pretty photos will do. I have sent you a private message with my email address.

I would be most eager to look at your masterpiece!

Cheers

Vicster1979

Reaction score
Hi, you are welcome to use any of my photos if any of them are any use for you. User name Vicster1979. Just warn me first if you do. Thanks

axie girl

Reaction score
can I post it on this thread any way?
B.T.W I hope you didn't want realistic axies:rofl:

axolotlerika

Reaction score
Hey there, I'd love to do some drawings or paintings for the site if you're still accepting artwork. (I've been planning on drawing some axies anyway!) :happy:

electronfusion

Reaction score
I might be interested in contributing some sort of interactive flash piece or photography. Can I ask whether this site is live somewhere now (if so, where?), or when you think it might be coming?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1