Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What Sand Color

RobertsKitty

Reaction score
I have a white axie. What sand color would look good? I don't really want black because you cant see poo that good. Any color suggestions?

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Robertskitty,

Why not regular brown sand? Brown sand comes in a various shades too so you can choose anything from beige to almost auburn.

Gives a good contrast against a white axie and still allows poop to be seen.

Cheers.

RobertsKitty

Reaction score
I might. I have regular brown sand in my other two tanks. I am unsure if I am going to go with a natural look or not.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I think natural look is best. Also reduces the risk of introducing colours and dyes into your tank from bizarre coloured sand like fluorescent green or emerald blue.

ianclick

Reaction score
If you have a look in the gallery there are some different coloured sands. It may give you some ideas

kclinton

Reaction score
Thats why I did not like the black sand as well. I changed mine to play sand. Didn't like that as well. It all ways looked dirty. I just put in moon light sand it is from the same people that make the black sand. It says it's white . I would say it is a off white/ vary light tan . I love it. I got it at petsmart. I have a white axie in with the white sand as well it shows up really well because the is a few shaded lighter than it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1