Question: Noob Question: Coco fiber

elchicano

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Display Name
Dave
Hello,
This is may sound like a dumb question, but where could i find coco fiber. I want to make a coco fiber background with great stuff expanding foam. I have been to two petshops and they don't carry it. So where do you guy get your coco fiber at?
TIA
-dave

It's sold in brick-form as bed-a-beast. You can buy it online a fair bit cheaper than most pet stores carry it.

Thanks Kaysie, I was looking for it by as coco fiber. I should have read the items better. I think they do sell them at the petshop. When i asked one of the workers he said that they don't carry it. But I'm certain i saw it. So i'll go back and check it out. Thanks again.

panoz77

A tip for doing the great stuff foambackground.

Expand the coco fibers in a buckets then bake it out to get rid of the water. Once dry you can stick it into the great stuff foam before it dries. Use disposable gloves to do it and you can get a really good look with out using a bunch caulk.

Did the pic work?

picture.php

panoz77

Last edited:
Awesome =)

and thank you for your compliment.

edit: Also if you need any tips feel free to PM me

Last edited:
I actually got alot of information already. I'm just waiting for the coco fiber to arrive since it was way cheaper online.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back