Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please Help!

RobertsKitty

Reaction score
My Leucistic axie lost his gill color overnight! His gills are now white like the rest of his body! Should I be worried what should I do!?

tran

Reaction score
He may be just resting (or sleeping) so very little blood is flowing through his gills. Check on him throughout the day and see what color they are when he's active. Usually, the color of the gills will fluctuate throughout the day.

If he shows no other signs of stress, then it's probably nothing to worry about. Is everything else okay (like water parameters, temperature, appetite, etc)? That should give you an indication if something is actually wrong, or your axie is just calm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1