Show ya Ya Tatts Thread

b00f

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I know this may have nothing to do with newts, but as off topic, this doesnt fit anywhere else.

So deal is:

Got a tattoo?
Want to show it?

GO nuts!

here is my sleeve

WIP for about 9-11 months now...

speaks for itself

>20 hrs work so far, <20 to go :(

mblc2c.jpg

(approx 8 hours there)

Yes, im a nerd!
2ceg6ya.jpg

14xo5zk.jpg

mmanhf.jpg

(excuse the bad focus)

Ok, so I have two tattoos I don't mind sharing.

My first one is two dolphins with an hibiscus flower
picture.php

My second is a cross I got after both my grandfathers passed
picture.php

you can't tell much from this picture but the color in the middle is purple.

the celtic? (excuse me if im wrong) cross is really symetrical, nice work

the dolphins are really cute too

keep them coming!

Reviving the thread:

Here's one of mine ("Not all who wander are lost") and one of Greatwtehunter's (he has to outline his bellybutton or otherwise you wouldn't be able to find it).

Attachments

• DSCN0421.jpg
    DSCN0421.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 409
The back one goes quite abit lower than modesty will permit me to show. The next one is the left half of my face, designs all done just waiting to get the balls to do it.

In NZ we call it Ta Moko

Attachments

• Back Moko.jpg
    Back Moko.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 666
  • left arm moko.jpg
    left arm moko.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 655
This is the first tattoo that I got for my 15th birthday. Still love it!

GetAttachment.jpg

And here are the swallows I got for my 17th birthday. My favourite. :)

sadjh.jpg

Planning on adding more very soon! I want to get a small cricket on my foot for my dog, Cricket. And I am in the process of putting together a half sleeve for my sister that passed away.

Right...

I am going to put some of them up but there are a couple that are baaaad and are awaiting coverups (especially the one I did on my own foot whilst drunk...that is not particularly artistic...:D)...so yeah, those one's shall not be seen EVER...But here are a few of the more interesting one's...

And just to clarify, on that last one, I was ginger for ONE DAY. It was an accident and has been rectified, as it really does not work on me :D

Edit: also, just to note, the writing on my back is completely straight, I'm just stood with my back all wiggley...they're Cress lyrics...and the guy stood next to me in the black shirt is the singer from Cress - he wanted a photo taken with my tattoo but then moved as it was being shot.

Attachments

• l_a868cf778ed82eb6cacb949a5fa9eba5.jpg
    l_a868cf778ed82eb6cacb949a5fa9eba5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Stuff from Mum's computer 412.jpg
    Stuff from Mum's computer 412.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 100_4408.jpg
    100_4408.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Cruso, those swallow's are nice, I'm getting something very similar on my forearm (in colour though) :happy:.

Ian, you do whatever you want dude...but I know a guy with half his face inked...and it looks a little scary....just weighing up the pros and cons...however, I know a girl with a star tattooed on her cheekbone and that looks mint!

Zoe x

I see some nice tattoos.
Ian is maori...he can pull a facial tattoo off hehe.
I always wanted a tattoo(and haven´t got it yet because i first have to test if my skin can stand it)...and i very recently met a girl who had the exact same tattoo i always wanted(an Ouroboros)...damn her...

Cruso, those swallow's are nice, I'm getting something very similar on my forearm (in colour though) :happy:.

Thanks! I drew them myself. :) I have been debating for almost two years whether or not to get colour added.. but I think if it's taken me that long, I'm going to keep them the way they are. I like them that way anyways.

Lol Dawn. I assure, she is NOT.
I was very glad to see that at least she knew the name of her tattoo...you wouldn´t believe the idiots i´ve encountered in this city that didn´t even know what the hell was tattooed on them. Sad....

I sometimes consider getting rid of the wife so I can get the facial tattooing I drew up ten years ago...lol.

I'll post some pics in a bit. Need some help to get the shots right....lol

I didn't mean he shouldn't follow his dream! I just meant, be prepared...

Maybe she is your soul mate!

Hehehe, don't worry Dawn, I didn't think you meant that - I just thought you were being appropriately mumsey, which is absolutely fine!!!

I had everyone warning me before I had inside my lip done, because the ink can spread and turn your gums and mouth blue...I'm really glad it didn't!!!

Cruso - I'm with you, I always design my own tattoos, because, if you pick one off the rails in the ink shop, you run the risk of bumping into someone with the exact same thing, which would be HORRIBLE!

X

OK, here's mine.
1. The first pic is the tattoo I got in 1978 that I needed to cover, because it didn't look so good anymore.

2. and 3. Not one to do something half-way, I covered it with this tattoo (1998).

4. At my sister's wedding, the next year (1999).

Attachments

• OldTattoo.jpg
    OldTattoo.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 430
  • NewTattoo1.jpg
    NewTattoo1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 430
  • NewTattoo2.jpg
    NewTattoo2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 385
  • ThirstyWeddingsm.JPG
    ThirstyWeddingsm.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 373
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back