maculatum eggs

katebutton

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
kate
i've never had any experience with eggs or larvae- i got some spotted sal. egg masses last week and they already look like teeny kidney beans. The dead eggs are molding though, you can see the little white spheres in the jelly. Should I just leave them in there or try to remove them? The mold only seems to be in/on the dead eggs and not anywhere in or on the surrounding jelly, but i guess that doesn't mean that it's not getting to other eggs. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

The eggs that are molding are probably ones that did not get fertilized and the mold should not spread to any other developing larvae. I would leave the egg mass alone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back