Hi. Newbie here.

Crusaderwithgat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found a creature in my backyard and at first glance thought it was a snake, but after my heart slowed a bit I discovered a handsome little black and grey/white salamander. I took him inside and put him in a critter keeper with some damp substrate to dig in. Finding this little fellow lead me to do a couple of google searches which lead me here. I think what I have is a Marbled Salamander (Ambystoma opacum). See ya in the forums.

Jim

Hello and welcome to the forum,

if you post a picture, we can help you identify what type of salamander you found.

I'm in south Georgia. After reading all the caresheets I've decided to let the little fellow go. He requires more effort than I'm willing to give. I already have three dogs, a cat, eleven tarantulas and work two jobs lol.

J.B.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back