Paddle Tail Newt feeding situation

slayer5679

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
StarrC
Hey everyone,

I set up a 20 gallon long tank for one paddle tail and have everything set up quite nicely with some larger gravel (so he won't eat it in his food). My problem is that I have been trying to feed him brown worms and they seem to eventually just hide in the gravel. Will they eventually become a pest or a problem? Should I take the gravel out or should I try a different route of feeding him besides just putting the worms in the tank?

I have a paddle tail newt in a 20gal L too. I feed mine live tubifex worms. The best way to keep them out of you gravel is to get a glass jar, or shot glass and sink it in the water with the worms in it. There to dumb to escape. You will probably be suprised how fast your newt will eat out of the jar too.

i'd be perfectly happy if the black worms I feed decided to colonise my paddletails' tank. They had a dish but I quit using it because one will guard the dish and not let the others eat.... well until its' full anyway.

And using 3 dishes... I might as well as give them some entertainment and let them hunt down their food. So I use the baster and shoot a small collection of worms at each one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back