Question: tank cooling help

aziraphale77

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Dr. Ruth
Hey everyone,

I recently moved and since it was winter I didn't worry too much about my axie's tank temperature. Where I used to live I had amazing AC so I never needed to regulate the tank temperature. My new AC is horrible. Can I get some tips on a FAIRLY inexpensive way to cool off the axie's tank in the summer? I don't trust the "ice bottle" idea as I have seen that end badly for fellow owners. I can't afford an extremely fancy sophisticated cooling system. My axie is in a 10 gallon as of now. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks!

Ruth

im going to give you this: http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59661

its a simple, yet highly effective way to cool your tank, and it didnt cost me an arm and a leg, which is great in times like these.

i have noticed anywhere between 3-8degrees Celcius drop, dependant on room temp

eg, hot day will go from 25 (danger!!!), to below 20, cooler days 18C)

its very simple to set up, if you need ANYTHING, just ask

more then happy to help out.

Awesome! Thanks so much! Jabberwok (my axie) will appreciate it this summer, I am SURE!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back