Hello all!

rfm2113

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ramon
Technically I've been a member for about a week, but I've mostly been searching for information. Now it's time to get a little more involved, so I'll start with an introduction. My name is Ramon, and I live in New York. My wife and I have a small but growing army of little ones, including 2 children, a hedgehog, and a betta. The newest additions, coming later this week, will be 3 axolotl larvae. I've been reading all the faq pages on axolotl.org and using that info to get set up, but I wasn't quite prepared for how small they are now. I now have to shift gears and look for a more suitable food source for the little guys, so I'll be scanning and posting in the forum. When I got Shadow (our hedgehog), I joined a forum and the advice and help I got was indispensable, so I made sure I found another good one for the axies. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and hope to talk to you guys soon!

~Ramon

Welcome, Ramon. My advice with the baby axies is find a source of live blackworms. Good luck with them!

Thanks for the advice! Luckily, I keep live blackworms on hand for my betta, so that won't be hard at all. I was hoping I could get by with those, frozen baby brine shrimp cubes, and later on 3mm salmon pellets. This part is always the most work, but the most rewarding once it's all done!

~Ramon

Thank you. *bow*

The little ones arrive on Friday. Once they're all comfy and settled in, I promise to take pics and introduce them to the best of my ability: until I can tell their genders, two of them will have two names. :confused:

~Ramon

That's okay. They don't come when called anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back