Earthworms

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've just dug some earthworms up from the garden and found I have lots in a certain area. I was just wondering if I have to do anything to them to clean them out for a few days before feeding them to my Axies, or can I do it there and then after washing the dirt off?

Cheers!

Hello, some people recommend purging the worms by putting them in water before feeding them to axies. I don't bother, but mine come from a worm box I have at home.
The most important thing is to make sure the worms are not from an area that uses pesticides. Perhaps try collecting a few, if you have a glut, and keeping a small wormery, then you can have a supply of 'clean' worms. If you look at the post 'Use by date on worms' some people have mentioned how they keep worms and also have them breeding so that there's an endless supply. Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back