You know you are a herp keeper when...

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Johnny O. Farnen
My daughter made an observation a bit ago that had me rolling with laughter:

She said "You know your dad is a herp keeper when you find nothing to read in the bathroom but a book of 30 year old lizard scientific papers with flattened fruit flies squashed in the pages."

My wife chimed right in with "You know your husband is a herp keeper when the grocery list includes pinhead crickets and pretzels in a one gallon plastic jar."

I countered with "You know you are a family of herp keepers when you pay 70 dollars for an annual zoo membership, but only ever visit the reptile house and the "Secrets of the Underworld" display.

I figured you folks on here could have fun with this...

How do you know you are a herp keeper?

:lol:

Lol, that's hilarious.

I know I'm a herp-keeper when I come home from school and think, "Gee, it just rained, I should go collect some earthworms!"

Like you, I also spend hours in the reptile house. Specifically the four tanks on the end of the last row of display windows.

You know you are a herp keeper when...

you know that Shrom is not a misspelling of a "shroom".

you know that a Superworm is a Zoophobus and not the worlds best bait.

you that a snake hook does not belong in the bathroom.

you know when the first day of spring worm emergence is.

There's an old, epic thread about this ;)

Ah, I figured somewhere in the depths of the site there was a similar thread, I was just giggling too much to find it. The bit about refrigerator contents is hysterical.

Haha, Kaysie, some of your comments are hilarious. The same thing happened with my Bio textbook. "Triturus viridescens"...psh, get with the times man!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back