Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

does anyone have a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hi doktordoris,

A lizard is a reptile. No matter what strange things one might do with an axolotl, it will never change from an amphibian to a reptile. ;)

I reckon you mean forcing a metamorphosis to change the neotenic axolotl to a land animal. There are lots of threads on this (search the axolotl forum for "morph") - usually ending with dead axolotls. The most well known thread on a morphed axolotl is here.

-Eva

doktordoris

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice about finding a picture.

But Id just like to add that I have no intention of encouraging a Axie out of it's state of metamorphic failure. I don't even own one yet! I just want to see how different a metamorphosised axie is to a Mexican Tiger Salamander, as I keep reading that they look similar.

Cheers

Last edited:

tuxar linuxarmy

Reaction score
lol axo transforms -unaturaly- to an salamander
they dont undergo an evolution from amph to lizard lol

tuxar ;)

doktordoris

Reaction score
lol. I got a word wrong, like you did when you wrote 'an salamander' instead of 'a salamander', or when you wrote 'unaturaly' instead of unnaturally, or when you wrote 'dont', as opposed to don't. lol.

See pedantry doesn't make you big, or clever!

I know the difference between a reptile and an amphibian thank you. I have a biology A-level (along with an English one ;-)).
My reference to a lizard was a mental aberration. I appreciate you taking the time to correct me, I hope you feel the same way about me correcting your English.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Niggling the grammar and spelling of a non-native English speaker doesn't make you big, or clever, either. This is especially true when your post contains grammatical errors as well.

doktordoris

Reaction score
Hmmm, perhaps me in the last sentence should have really been followed by ; instead of , . Well spotted! But where are the other errors?

ianclick

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice about finding a picture.

But Id just like to add that I have no intention of encouraging a Axie out of it's state of metamorphic failure. I don't even own one yet! I just want to see how different a metamorphosised axie is to a Mexican Tiger Salamander, as I keep reading that they look similar.

Cheers

It seems to me at this point DoktorDoris had his error addressed. So to me from this point, carrying on berating anyone would serve little positive purpose.

I think this thread should go in the lesson learned file before it denegrates any further.

Happy Trails

doktordoris

Reaction score
Yes perhaps 'niggling' doesn't help anyone.

Moderator note:

Mind your language please, this is a 'family friendly' forum.

In the interests of preventing this discussion from degenerating any further into a flame war, this thread is now closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1