Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

NJ newt keeper

Barry

Reaction score
Hello Caudata.org community. I've been a long time fan, and thought I'd post and introduce myself. My name is Barry and I live in Northern NJ. I have been lucky enough to have kept most types of Triturus over the last 10 or so years. I've also kept many types of Salamandra and Ambystoma. I've also had lots of Asian stuff from time to time. I am currently keeping:
Salamanda salamandra gallaica
Salamanda salamandra terretris
Salamanda salamandra bernardezi
Triturs alpestris
Triturus marmoratus
Cynops ensicauda popei
Please forgive any spelling mistakes. In the past I've gotten together with others in the area for 'show and tells' and have gotten to see many cool species I might not have been able to see before. Feel free to send me an e-mail.
thanks,
Barry

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Barry, I remember you from the old days when we all used to use the kingsnake forum. Welcome, and hope to see you around!

Barry

Reaction score
Hi Jen,
Yep that's me. That forum got too angry for me. I've adopted the Please, love, and newts motto.
Thanks for the welcome,
Barry

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1