Are foods that cause the Axie to poo frequently bad for them?

HitmanSougo13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

If you're in the middle or soon to be eating dinner, don't read this. I used to always feed my Axie a lot of meat. Switching the diet, I bought these sinking pellets, It's that cichlid brand since I couldn't find any reptile sinking pellets. I noticed my Axie poos more often and they are big! He probably poos every few days probably a little less than a week. Just wondered if that was normal for it. I'm not sure if the pellets are just easier to digest and hence why he poos. It makes me want to clean the tank more frequently.

Hi guys,

If you're in the middle or soon to be eating dinner, don't read this. I used to always feed my Axie a lot of meat. Switching the diet, I bought these sinking pellets, It's that cichlid brand since I couldn't find any reptile sinking pellets. I noticed my Axie poos more often and they are big! He probably poos every few days probably a little less than a week. Just wondered if that was normal for it. I'm not sure if the pellets are just easier to digest and hence why he poos. It makes me want to clean the tank more frequently.
Sounds alright to me. They usually poo for me 24-48 hours after a meal if fed every 2-3 days.

Just a clarification: axolotls aren't reptiles. They're about as closely related to reptiles as they are to cichlids.

PS: Most of us are biologist types. You should hear what we talk about at dinner ;)

Awesome thanks guys yeah I don't like seeing those logs heheh

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back