Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

mutant eggs?

Doki

Reaction score
xD ok i got weird very weird stuff in my tank, today i saw these '' eggs '' all over burryed in tank not much yet im not sure what is it. they are heavy and hard as a rock and yellow, i broke one and it was filled with white licquick. im sure its my axolotls ones. since i got male and female there. at first i thought they are eggs, but they are too weird for eggs i guess. anyone can tell what is it?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/muffin_XD/miku/egg2.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/muffin_XD/miku/egg.jpg

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
How strange!!
What else do you have in the tank with your axolotl? and do you have a picture of the axolotl too?
They almost look like seeds..

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are insect eggs, but I don't know what kind. Definitely not from the axolotls.

Doki

Reaction score
but my snail just poops out babys without laying eggs and well she was stuck between rocks thats for sure so not snail, also for snail its a bit too big

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a quick search using google for ' Apple snail eggs' and was surprised to see how similar they look to yours. Do you know which species of snail you have as the only one I could come up as a live bearer was a Malayan or trapdoor snail.

Coastal Groovin

Reaction score
Well they are not Axie Eggs and they are not snail eggs. Is someone at your house haveing a good laugh with you?...lol

slimer

Banned
Reaction score
Let them hatch and see what comes out, baby snails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doki

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahaha xD i live only with mom so no jokes. but oh well xD im curious as well to see if someone gona hatch out, i got only one big apple snail.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Rita,

Snails are haemaphrodite. They possess both male and female parts so a single snail can still reproduce. I agree with the rest that they look like snail eggs.

Cheers.

Rekha

Reaction score
Haha cool.
Mystery eggs.
You're going to get a nice surprise once they hatch. hehe x

Last edited by a moderator:

melfly

Reaction score
I had these exact things in a tank that had never had anything in other than plants and those tiny snails that breed like hell.
They were in with the gravel and they popped when squashed.
They must be some kind of snail egg as i had never had anything else in there

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1