Can I return newt larvae to tank w/ others?

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Dana
I wrote yesterday about my oldest FBN/C.Orientalis possibly being upsidedown in the water amongst the plants as I could have sworn I was looking at an orange belly and thought he was dead. Then, he was swimming oddly and resting almost vertically. Well, since then, he's been fine. I had immediately isolated him and he seems to be eating - I'm introducing frozen small bloodworms and continuing on the other foods (Daphnia live and frozen, BBS frozen) and I'm hoping to add whiteworms (hint to Dawn!) soon. He is spitting some of the frozen bloodworms out - maybe they're still too big? Anyway, he seems OK as far as balance goes. I have no idea what was wrong if anything as no one seemed to have any thoughts. My new question is: Is it safe to return him to the larger tank w/ the three other larva his age? I currently have three baby tanks going to accomodate their different hatching rates...

Dana

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back