Is this sperm?

Vidofner

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I just came home from a kick-off with my job and had my mother feeding my Axolotls when i was gone. Now that i come back there are 5-6 white things in the tank.

The pictures ive seen of axolotl sperm looks like a string of slime with a white dot on top. The thing in my tank is about 2-3 cm (about an inch), long and white with slime around it... So basicly the pictures ive seen its like 10% white stuff and 90% slime while the thing in my tank is 60% white stuff and 40% slime... can it still be sperm or is it the shrimp i fed them when i left that has started to look "iffy"? I would be suprised if it accually was the shrimp because i think it should smell then.

Any ideas?

I suspect its the shrimp. A spermataphore looks like a clear jelly pyramid with a white dot on top, ts approx a cm or so across at the base.

Ok, thank you. I'll remove that as soon as i come home then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back