Chelsea's got eggs

paullism

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Paul
I woke up this morning & went to check up on the Axies and found about 150 eggs. Chelsea is very excited. Please find photos attached.

Attachments

• Eggs 1.jpg
    Eggs 1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 251
  • Eggs 2.jpg
    Eggs 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Eggs 3.jpg
    Eggs 3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 203
Congratulations Chelsea and Paul..its going to be fun raising some of them!

Great photos.Hope all goes well.:happy:

Congratulations and good luck with them, hopefully they'll all be fertile. Are y'all planning on raising all of them?

Where is the purple sand? I thought for sure she would have you buying it by now.:p

Congratulations! Mine laid eggs a couple of months ago. The babies are so cute, and tiny! Enjoy!

Thanks everyone.

Well thanks to all the advice from "The Special One" (special mention to Busty Justie, Sharon & Peter - for their advice too) we are now ready for our eggs to hatch. They are now 1 week old (updated pics are listed by my daughter 'chelsbels')

We have put aside 30 eggs, the bodies & heads are now formed. Gills are strating to appear & the young are twitching.

We know that "Sunshine" (golden colour) is the father & "Smiley" (white) is the mother.

Chelsea got a bit upset when she saw our 3 axies eating the eggs, but she understands that it is just nature.

We are keeping the eggs in some tupperware & have removed Sunshine from the tank, so hopefully the females will stop laying for a while.

We got a tank divider & will fit that to the tank once the young are large enough to go back into the tank.

We shall post some more pic once they hatch.

Re: Chelsea's eggs are hatching

Chelsea's eggs are now starting to hatch.

After some long thinking & advice (thanks "Special One" - Jacq - aka - Havelock)

I decided to go with a tank within a tank.

We purchased some tupperware & drilled some holes in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 167
Re: Chelsea's eggs are hatching

Wow, exciting stuff :D

Keep us updated

Rock and Roll!

Now you can brag to your family and friends how you have 100 mouths to feed and constantly hear the pitter-patter of little brachia flicking excess gas bubbles from their filembrials!

And when they get done laughing at you for rambling out that mouthful, you can log back in here where we applaud such successes!

:smile:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back