Konnichiwa, Hello

YellaPieSlinger

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm very new to keeping axolotls but became intersted in them about the same time my wife got her toy poodle for her birthday. Unfortunately after having a couple of them die :angel:in the last two days from complications I did not understand, :shocked: :cry:I joined to see if I could save the ones I have left and if I have any success add any knowledge I learn to the pool of knowledge already posted. I live between the US and Japan and keep my pets in Japan. So I can probably help anyone in Japan to find these and other animals they would like to keep as pets. Thank you to John for allowing me to join. :smile:

Welcome !
And........hope thet we can help with your axies!

Welcome to the forum! Did you happen to read through axolotl.org? If not, I highly recommend it to get you started.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back