Hi i'm Jye from Australia

Jye

Muted for unacceptable behaviour
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am very interested in axolotls and I want to know everything about them. I have done a lot of research to make sure that i can provide the best environment, and conditions for them possible. I live in a suburb 30 minutes south of sydney and the water temperature is 14-16 degrees now in late autumn, depending on the weather and time of the day. I have lots of plants, moss and a pipe for them to swim in and lay on. I feed my axolotls worms, tadpoles, daddy long leg spiders, small lizards and grubs. I feed them every 4 days. My axolotls have laid eggs about 2 and a half weeks ago and i have everything prepared for the babies arrival. I have 2 tubs of daphnia and have brine shrimp for them to eat.
I think it's great that their is a site like this, where people can help each other out. I'm really looking forward to learning more about these cool animals, asking questions if i have any problems and if anybody has a problem that i can solve, i'll be more than happy to assist.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back