Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

G'day from Down Under

Riene Noir

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have just become the proud mother of a Black Axolotl. His name is Noir (French for Black) and he is 8 inches long (how old is that?:confused:). I got him last Thursday (and yes he was an impulse buy - however I have been researching everything about these fantastic creatures since I saw my first one at the age of 9)! I have been reading the posts on here and decided I wanted in on the action. So here I am, ready to learn some more.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, a fellow Australian axie-nut! ;)

I would say Noir is about 8-9 months old (give or take a month or two) at that size - but he could be much older. The only way you could be certain of Noir's age though, is if you had raised him yourself from an egg I'm afraid.

Welcome to the forum!

Riene Noir

Reaction score
G'day,

Here is my Noir and his home!! I have owned many pets before including Rats and Mice, Cats and Dogs, Yabbies and all kinds of fish from salt water to tropical, however, nothing like an Axie! They are wonderful animals and once they start to get to know you thats when you really start to see their wonderful personalities.

I have to add, this sight is wonderful - there are others out there that don't find Axies to be like ... now what did my partner call them? ... little walking, slimy aliens! :p

Cheers - S.J

Attachments

• 100_4871.jpg
    100_4871.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_4740.jpg
    100_4740.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_4855.jpg
    100_4855.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 132
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!