My axie has amazing excrement!

doktordoris

Reaction score
Country
England
Hullo,

Last night I looked in my tank and saw an odd pale pink egg thing about 3/4 of an inch long.

I put my hand in the tank and picked it up, then I put it on a chopping board and got my scalpel out.

I cut it in half and discovered it must have been my mudkip's excrement. The middle was full of what appeared to be soil, which makes sense as Mudkip eats earthworms and they are full of earth. But the exterior of the 'parcel' was made of a pinky/pale brown jelly like substance. Is that normal?

Do axies normally make fascinating little excrement packages?

Hi Doris,

Your post is so adorable. I had a giggle.

Depending on what you feed your axie, the axie's excrement can take on various shades and colours from reddish brown to grey. Fresh poop comes in a blob form but quickly disintegrates into dust like particles. Sometimes, a certain degree of decomposition sets in and the 'fuzzy' jelly like substance found on the excrement could be fungus. Its normal though. You should start worrying only when you notice what seem like stringy white ribbon segments, undigested food or presence of blood or discharge on the poop.

Cheers

I'm sorry but this thread is amusing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha, Thank you for making my day!

Too bad there weren't any photos!

Hehe, next time, now I have my camera back, I shall take a picture for all you axie excrement fans!

LOLLLLLLLLLL GUYS!

So funny! I read this with a huge smile, ear-to-ear on my face! You may want a new chopping board, Dorris! But I had to say that my reaction in that case would have been very similar...!

heheh

Let us know of any more UFO (Unidentified Floating Objects!) **wink**

:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back