Another One of Those Cake Threads...

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Nathan
So, as I turned 16 last week, my one largest birthday request was for my mom to bake me a cake in the shape of an axolotl, and bake she did! I personally think it turned out so nice that I felt inclined to share it with all of you!

It's supposed to be a golden albino, but there are a few missing parts :p
It has four toes all around, lacks red eyes, and the "pebbles" are impaction size. That aside I really thought it was a fun birthday surprise!

Attachments

• DSCN8258.jpg
    DSCN8258.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 930
  • DSCN8263.jpg
    DSCN8263.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN8266.jpg
    DSCN8266.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN8259.jpg
    DSCN8259.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 811
Wow, that cake is fantastic! Happy late birthday by the way. I'm turning 16 in a couple weeks. Now I have ideas for my birthday cake. Thanks for sharing.

Your mother is a marvel! That is one magnificent cake, and with the candles lit it looks like pure magic.

Last edited:
:ufo:HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ufo:

:love: :angel: :love: :angel: :love: :angel:

`*` ~ `*` ~ `*` ~ `*`

Happy birthday!~

Lovely axie cake. Are you going to eat the head first or the tail?

Awesome. No one ever gave me a fancy cake :(. Happy Birthday Nathan :).

I didn't get a cake at all, and GWH baked his own. You're lucky!

Hey Nathan, Feliz Cumpleanos!!! And please congratulate your mother for her creativity.:rolleyes:

If you eat the tail, it'll regenerate!!

Kitty litter cake is pretty awesome. You're lucky. She only makes it for a special few.

Yeah, nothing like a cake that regenerates.

Your mom is one smart cookie. She will never have to bake a cake again!

Happy Birthday!

That is SO cute!
I just recently made a cake with an Alligator lizard for a co-workers last day...
I'd love to try my hand at other animal based cakes!

Your mom did a great job!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back